I am a true Orange native, 3rd generation, and a mother to a new generation. I feel that it is time to stop the "good ol boys" club downtown, and get back to serving our city. Comments are very welcome, and appreciated. It's our time, it's our city. and it's time we take it back from these charlatans!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

What did George Washington say? I can not tell a lie

 I must stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.
-Abraham Lincoln


Today marked the beginning of Denis Bilodeau’s trial. Bilodeau is the Republican City Councilman from Orange that was videotaped removing his opponent’s political signs back in November. He faces charges of misdemeanor petty theft and malicious mischief or vandalism.

To many, this is a non-issue. The dude just tore down a couple of signs no biggie, right? What I’m more concerned with is what Bilodeau did when the Orange Police Officer showed up at his door: he lied.
I’ve been sitting here all night,” he told the cop. “Just thumbing my bible, highlighting my favorite passages.” (The quotes might not be exact. I’m just trying to recreate what I remember from the police report.)

No comments:

Post a Comment