I am a true Orange native, 3rd generation, and a mother to a new generation. I feel that it is time to stop the "good ol boys" club downtown, and get back to serving our city. Comments are very welcome, and appreciated. It's our time, it's our city. and it's time we take it back from these charlatans!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

NOT One Penny!

WOW!

**NEWS RELEASE**
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Chris Horton
October 1, 2010 
Email: info@votechrishorton.com 

Orange City Council Candidate Chris Horton Challenges All Orange County Political Candidates to Take his “Not-One-Penny” Pledge


Horton vows not to take one penny of taxpayer dollars if 
elected to public service.
Orange, CA – Orange City Council candidate Chris Horton is the only candidate in Orange – and possibly all of Orange County – to pledge not to take one penny of taxpayer dollars if he is elected to public service as a Councilmember in his hometown of Orange. For years council members in Orange and other cities have fed at the public trough pocketing thousands in tax dollars not only for serving in their role on the City Council, but further dipping into the taxpayers’ pockets for health benefits, retirement benefits and even for serving on auxiliary boards and commissions. 

“So many candidates run on a platform of fiscal responsibility, but I believe you really need to walk the walk,” said Horton. “I’ve been a small businessman my entire life and the immediate past President of the Orange Chamber of Commerce. I get taxed twice in the City of Orange, once as a resident and secondly as a business owner. When my business is slow, I take a cut and reduce my pay to protect those working for me. To my knowledge only our Mayor opted to do so in Orange while others are collecting multiple taxpayer checks, its ludicrous. I finally said, “Enough!” and decided to run for City Council under the banner of true public service and fiscal leadership, and came up with the “Not-One-Penny” Pledge.” 

Horton said that part-time elected office should be public service, and one should not get paid for public service. The hallmarks of his pledge are very basic:

•I will not accept any financial compensation for my public service as an elected official.

•I will not accept any health benefits or financial equivalent from the city or any public agency

•I will not accept any pension plan benefits from the city or any public agency.

Any candidate for any public office in Orange County is welcome to join Chris in his commitment to protect taxpayers, but he particularly invites his fellow candidates in the City of Orange to join him.

“Not one penny.” said Horton “That is my pledge to the taxpayers of Orange. If elected, I will not take one penny in compensation for my public service and I challenge every one of my fellow candidates for Orange City Council to take this pledge with me. The taxpayers of Orange deserve nothing less.”

For information about the “Not-One-Penny” Pledge and other issues important to Orange, visit Chris Horton’s website atwww.votechrishorton.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment