I am a true Orange native, 3rd generation, and a mother to a new generation. I feel that it is time to stop the "good ol boys" club downtown, and get back to serving our city. Comments are very welcome, and appreciated. It's our time, it's our city. and it's time we take it back from these charlatans!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mayor Carolyn Cavecche: Setting the Record Straight

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Mayor-Cavecche-Sets-The-Record-Straight.html?soid=1102880900548&aid=6f5nddYaAK4

cavecche banner


Greetings!

cavecche official photoHolding public office is an honor that I have never taken for granted. When you elected me Mayor in 2006 and again in 2008, I pledged to conduct business in an open and honest atmosphere. I believe very strongly in public service and fiscal responsibility. That is why it has been so disturbing to read newspaper headlines and political mailers that not only distort the truth, but are in fact fabrications.

It's Time to Set the Record Straight
cc swearinginThe Mayor of Orange has never been paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in salary. As Mayor, I actually take home less then any other member of the City Council in compensation including my opponent. When the employees at city hall were asked to take a 5% cut in pay, I voluntarily took the same cut. The only member of the city council to do so.

Unlike my opponent, I am not a full time government employee and I will not receive an "abusive" pension. In fact, I have started working to change the current policy in Orange so that elected officials will never be placed into a pension system at all.

I was the leader in initiating comprehensive pension reform in city government ensuring that employees pay their fair share for pension benefits. I also worked with our city employees to roll back salaries when we needed them to do so.
cavecche and ed royce
Mayor Cavecche & U.S. Representative Ed Royce

We face many challenges in the
future. Your Mayor needs to focus on keeping Orange the kind of community that we have been for over 122 years. A city with safe neighborhoods, a strong business climate and a high quality of life for our residents. Those have been my priorities from the beginning and why I first became involved in public service. 

Like many of you, I am a homeowner raising a family in Orange and there is nothing more important to me than ensuring that your family and mine live in a safe and nurturing city.

I am campaigning for my last term as Mayor with respect for the office and for you, the voter.
I would be honored to have your vote on November 2.


Sincerely,
Carolyn Cavecche
Mayor of Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment