I am a true Orange native, 3rd generation, and a mother to a new generation. I feel that it is time to stop the "good ol boys" club downtown, and get back to serving our city. Comments are very welcome, and appreciated. It's our time, it's our city. and it's time we take it back from these charlatans!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Million Dollar Question?

People want to know who I am, and have accused good people during this campaign of being me.  I am me, not affiliated with any campaign, or cause, I am a mother, a friend, a daughter and a sister.  I am latina, and proud of my heritage.  My sons need to grow up in a community of servant leaders, those that chose to serve first.  Strong leaders to build the future for my children and yours.  I want them to understand and appreciate the freedom that we have in America, and that men have made the ultimate sacrifice in order to preserve our freedom.  My father paid that ultimate price in Vietnam, and I miss my father everyday.  I know that this is only a small city election, but my children need to understand that the freedom many people take for granted, is more than just voting, more than just endorsing a candidate, the democratic process is us.  Being a part of the greater picture, being involved.  Speaking our minds.  Pointing out the injustice, and demanding truth.  And most of all, freedom to be me.  

So, I will be having breakfast Friday morning at my favorite little spot in downtown Orange, around 8:30, after the boys are at school, in case you want to stop by and say hello.

 I love the old town scramble!  It's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment