I am a true Orange native, 3rd generation, and a mother to a new generation. I feel that it is time to stop the "good ol boys" club downtown, and get back to serving our city. Comments are very welcome, and appreciated. It's our time, it's our city. and it's time we take it back from these charlatans!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cavecche wins third term as mayor

‎"I think I'll work with her just fine," Dumitru said. "It will be incumbent on her to build a working relationship with me."

Really?? What a pompous jackass!

http://www.ocregister.com/news/cavecche-274190-dumitru-term.html


ORANGE – Mayor Carolyn Cavecche collected two-thirds of the votes to win her third term.
The two-term mayor won her third term against challenger Jon Dumitru, a six-year councilman, in Tuesday's election.
Article Tab : Carolyn Cavecche (pictured in this file photo) won a third consecutive term as mayor of Orange on Tuesday.
Carolyn Cavecche (pictured in this file photo) won a third consecutive term as mayor of Orange on Tuesday.
JOSHUA SUDOCK, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Cavecche received 17,023 votes, with Dumitru receiving 9,478.
"I think the people are looking at what the council is doing and are happy with the direction that it's going," Cavecche said.
In recent weeks, the race between the pair had grown heated. Cavecche sent a mailer highlighting her opponent's bankruptcy 14 years ago, and Dumitru sent out a mailer criticizing Cavecche's fiscal conservatism.
"I'm grateful the voters saw through the negativity," Cavecche said.
Dumitru said he will not hold a grudge against Cavecche in her final term as mayor.
"I think I'll work with her just fine," Dumitru said. "It will be incumbent on her to build a working relationship with me."
Cavecche said she was willing to put the mayor's race in the past for the sake of the voters.
"I think the expectation level of the residents of Orange is as mayor, I'll have the ability to bring the council together to do the work that has to be done," Cavecche said.
When asked if she planned to make a personal overture to Dumitru to repair any rift, Cavecche said she had a mandate from the voters to do so.
"That's what I was elected to do," she said.
Fred Whitaker and incumbent Denis Bilodeau handily won the other two seats up for grabs on the City Council; there were eight candidates in that race. Whitaker, chairman of the Planning Commission, received 10,546 votes and Bilodeau received 10,414.
"I'm grateful that the voters are rewarding my fiscal conservatism in the city," Bilodeau said. "I don't care that I finished second. I'll be happy to return to the council."

No comments:

Post a Comment